Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Water & Warmth Services (SW) Ltd.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we only process personal data for core business purposes.
- Lawful basis: Legitimate interests
The reason we use this basis: Water & Warmth do not sell data or partake in advertising via mailshots/cold calls. Information is only used for gas/oil safety purposes, registration of warranties and normal business function
We process your information in the following ways: Shared with manufacturers/authorities for warranty purposes, used for normal business function (for example invoicing and gas safety/service reminders)
Data retention period: 3 years or the length of a warranty period
Sharing your information: We only share your information with third parties to register appliances but never for marketing purposes.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Sponsored links, affiliate tracking & commissions
Our website may contain links to affiliated companies like boiler manufacturers or radiator suppliers. We do not track these links via cookies or any other means and do not earn commission through website links.
If you have any concerns about this we suggest you do not click on any affiliate links found throughout the website.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Water & Warmth do not carry out e-mail marketing, subscription newsletters or any other direct marketing messaging either directly as a company or via third party marketing.